Need to know what you need to know? It's always a good idea to write up a checklist before your market day so you're not left out in the cold without your essentials! Too many times we've been on the pointy end of the stick and seen other stalls holders suffer the same issues, so here’s a stallholder checklist of what you need to know for any market you’re selling at!
1. How much will the stall cost & when/how do market coordinators need to be paid?
2. Is insurance included in the cost? Is it available through the coordinators?
3. What are the stall dimensions?
4. What comes with the stall space? (chair, table, marquee)
5. Is the market indoors or outdoors?
6. Who are the shoppers being targeted? (young, families, women)
7. What other types of stalls will be there? (food, craft, jewellery, art, second hand, vintage)
8. Who will your neighbours be?
9. Are there any rules about how you engage with customers? (mood of market, approaches to selling not welcome) 10. What will the entertainment be for the day? (music, clowns)
11. What services and amenities are made available by market coordinators? (toilets, set up, stall assistance for breaks)
12. Where can you park your car?
ON THE DAY
13. Where are the amenities?
14. What is the schedule?
15. Where are stalls situated? (get a map)
16. What are the weather conditions?
17. Who are your neighbours? (get to know them!)
18. How many people attended?
19. Who did well & didn’t do well? (this will tell you about what kind of shoppers attended)
20. Did you make enough to do it again?
That should cover that, what else do you think is important for stallholders to know?